Sailfish Snorkeling Adventure (departs from Cancun)
The fascinating sailfish are a genus Istiophorus of billfish living in warmer sections of all the oceans of the world. They are predominantly blue to gray in colour and have a characteristic erectile dorsal fin known as a sail, which often stretches the entire length of the back. Another notable characteristic is the elongated bill, resembling that of the swordfish and other marlins.
During winter the sailfish arrive to the coast of the Mexican Caribbean in the surrounding waters of Isla Contoy, attracted by the abundance of sardines in this area. Sailfish are one the fastest marine predators and can reach a top speed of 68 miles/110 km per hour! Their long flexible and powerful bodies enable them to quickly circle and confuse schools of fish until a victims inevitably separate from the group and immediately become prey.
Other marine species often seen on the Sailfish Snorkel Adventure are Atlantic Spotted Dolphins, Manta Rays, schools of Atlantic Bonitos, and huge Wahoos. If adventure is what you are after, this is an experience not to be missed!
Your Sailfish Snorkeling Adventure (departs from Cancun) includes the following:
- Bilingual staff
- Round trip transportation
- Boat transportation
- Snorkeling equipment
- Life jacket
- Small groups of a maximum of 10 people
- Tour duration: 6 hours
- Tour schedule: 07:00 AM every Tuesday and Friday from December 20 to March 30
- Tour departure: from selected hotels (details will accompany your reservation confirmation)
- Age restrictions: minimum age 15 years
- This tour is not recommended for pregnant women
- This tour is not suitable for those who are severely physically challenged
- Clients who are under the influence of alcohol or drugs will not be allowed to participate
Please bring the following to your Sailfish Snorkeling Adventure (departs from Cancun):
- Biodegradable sunscreen/repellent
- Swimsuit and towel
- Long sleeve cotton shirt
- Hat and sunglasses
- Extra $$ for tips etc…