Manatee Encounter Program (on Cozumel Island)
Once thought to be mermaids, manatees are huge, beautiful marine mammals. These gentle giants can grow as long as 13ft/4m and weigh up to 1300 lbs./600 kg! This one-of-a-kind adventure is the only manatee encounter program in the Caribbean. Spend time with our manatees, share a kiss and a hug and even feed these magnificent creatures while swimming with them in their home. After your Cozumel Manatee Encounter program, enjoy one of Cozumel’s hidden treasures, Chankanaab National Reef Park, where reef snorkeling is world class!
Your Manatee Encounter Program (on Cozumel Island) includes the following:
- Bilingual staff
- Chankanaab National Park entrance fee
- A maximum of 20 people per group
- 15 minute briefing and 30 minutes with the manatees
- Free time
- Life jacket
- snorkel time in Chankanaab National Park (equipment not included)
- Pool, showers, toilets, change rooms
- Tour duration: 45 minutes
- Tour schedule: 10:00 AM, 2:00 PM and 3:30 PM daily (except Sundays)
- Tour departure: Chankanaab Park (details will accompany your reservation confirmation)
- Age restrictions: minimum age 8 years; children 8-12 years must be accompanied by a paying adult; children 13 years and older can participate on their own
- Use of any type of sunblock is not permitted
- Use of personal cameras is not permitted during the swim program
- This is not recommended for pregnant women
- Clients who are under the influence of alcohol or drugs will not be allowed to participate
- The Chankanaab National Park is open daily from 09:00 AM to 5:00 PM
Please bring the following to your Manatee Encounter Program (on Cozumel Island):
- Extra $$ for tips, etc.
Please arrive 30 minutes before the start of your Cozumel Manatee Encounter.
If you have any specific health conditions or are physically challenged in any way, please notify us before confirming your reservation.