PADI Advanced Open Water Certification
Exploration, excitement and experiences. That’s what the PADI Advanced Open Water Certification course is all about. You don’t have to be “advanced” to take it – it’s designed to advance your diving, so you can start right after earning your PADI Open Water Diver certification. The course helps build confidence and expand your scuba skills through different Adventure Dives. You try out different specialties while gaining experience under the supervision of your PADI Instructor. You log dives and develop capabilities as you find new ways to have fun scuba diving.
You’ll plan your learning path with your instructor by choosing from a long list of Adventure Dives. There are two required dives – Deep and Underwater Navigation – and you choose the other three, for a total of five dives.
During the Deep Adventure Dive, you learn how to plan dives to deal with the physiological effects and challenges of deeper scuba diving. The Underwater Navigation Adventure Dive refines your compass navigation skills and helps you better navigate using kick-cycles, visual landmarks and time. The other knowledge and skills you get vary with your interest and the adventures you have – photography, buoyancy control, fish identification, exploring wrecks and many more.
And where better to do it than Cozumel, whose waters are home to some of the best scuba diving anywhere on earth. So take a plunge into waters which are home to legendary clarity, with visibility of up to 200 feet, and some of the most dazzling displays of soft coral and marine life you’ll ever see.
$355 (own dive equipment)
(rental dive equipment) please refer to “”Recommendations”” tab below
Your PADI Advanced Open Water Certification includes the following:
- PADI-certified bilingual Instructor
- 1 day beach diving
- 1 day boat diving
- A maximum of 4 students per group
Choice of 5 dive options:
- deep dive (required)
- underwater navigation (required)
- boat dive
- night dive
- peak performance buoyancy
- underwater naturalist
- search and recovery
- drift dive
- Tour duration: 2 days
- Tour schedule: 08:30 AM and 12:00 PM daily
- Tour departure: Dive Shop Cozumel (details will accompany your reservation confirmation)
- Only PADI-certified divers will be allowed to participate
- Clients who are under the influence of alcohol or drugs will not be allowed to participate
- Note: diving is by nature weather dependent and will therefore only operate if weather permits
Please bring the following to your PADI Advanced Open Water Certification:
- PADI Certification Card
- Marine park tax – $2.50
- Extra $$ for tips, etc.
Optional rental items:
- Regulator rental – $11.00
- BCD rental – $11.00
- Mask, fins, snorkel rental – $5.00
- Shortie wetsuit rental – $9.00
- Underwater flashlight rental – $8.00
- Tanks rental – $9.00