PADI Open Water Diver Certification
If you’ve always wanted to take scuba diving lessons, experience unparalleled adventure and see the world beneath the waves, this is where it starts. Get your scuba diving certification with the PADI Open Water Diver Certification – the world’s most popular and widely recognized scuba course. Millions of people have learned to scuba dive and gone on to discover the wonders of the aquatic world through this course.
The PADI Open Water Diver Certification consists of three main phases:
- Knowledge Development (online, independent study or in a classroom) to understand basic principles of scuba diving
- Confined Water Dives to learn basic scuba skills
- Open Water Dives to use your skills and explore
To enroll in a PADI Open Water Diver Certification (or Junior Open Water Diver course), you must be 10 years old or older. You need adequate swimming skills and need to be in good physical health. No prior experience with scuba diving is required.
And where better to do it than Cozumel, whose waters are home to some of the best scuba diving anywhere on earth. So take a plunge into waters which are home to legendary clarity, with visibility of up to 200 feet, and some of the most dazzling displays of soft coral and marine life you’ll ever see.
$485 (own dive equipment)
Rental dive equipment (please refer to “”Recommendations”” tab below)
Your PADI Open Water Diver Certification includes the following:
- PADI-certified bilingual Instructor
- Confined Water Dives
- Open Water Dives
- A maximum of 4 students per group
- Tour duration: 4 days
- Tour schedule: 08:30 AM and 12:30 PM daily
- Tour departure: Dive Shop Cozumel (details will accompany your reservation confirmation)
- Age restrictions: minimum age 10 years
- Good swimming skills will be necessary
- Clients need to be in good physical health
- Clients who are under the influence of alcohol or drugs will not be allowed to participate
- Note: diving is by nature weather dependent and will therefore only operate if weather permits
Please bring the following to your PADI Open Water Diver Certification:
- Marine park tax – $2.50
- Extra $$ for tips, etc.
Optional rental items:
- Regulator rental – $11.00
- BCD rental – $11.00
- Mask, fins, snorkel rental – $5.00
- Shortie wetsuit rental – $9.00
- Underwater flashlight rental – $8.00
- Tanks rental – $9.00