Night Dive (departs from La Paz)
La Paz, a favorite Mexican beach destination, is also the hub of Baja California’s eco-tourism, and offers some of the best diving in the Sea of Cortez. Choose from a diversity of options, including: shipwrecks, a chance to swim alongside sea lions and the likelihood of shark encounters.
The thought of dipping below the surface at night seems mysterious, yet so alluring. Although you’ve been scuba diving at a site many times before, at night you drop into a whole new world and watch it come to life under the glow of your dive light. The scene changes as day creatures retire and nocturnal organisms emerge. If you’ve wondered what happens underwater after the sun goes down, this is your opportunity!
And where better to do it than the Sea of Cortez, whose waters are home to some of the best scuba diving anywhere on earth. So take a plunge into waters which are home to cocooned parrotfish, king angelfish, billowing orange cup corals, sea lions schooling jacks, tunas, and hammerhead sharks.
Don’t miss scuba diving in a place famed ocean explorer, Jacques Cousteau, called the “world’s aquarium”.
Your Night Dive (departs from La Paz) includes the following:
- Bilingual staff
- Round trip transportation
- All dive equipment required
- 1 Tank night dive
- Tour duration: 3 hours (approximate time)
- Tour schedule: 5:00 PM (winter), 8:00 PM (summer), daily
- Tour departure: from selected hotels (details will accompany your reservation confirmation)
- Age restrictions: minimum age 10 years
- A minimum number of 5 persons is required for this tour to operate
- Pregnant women will not be allowed to participate
- Only certified divers can use cameras during dives
- Clients who are under the influence of alcohol or drugs will not be allowed to participate
Please bring the following to your Night Dive (departs from La Paz):
- Open Water Certification
- $7 USD National Park permit fee
- $20 USD dive light rental
- Extra $$ for tips etc…