Whale Shark Swimming Adventure (departs from La Paz)
The fascinating whale shark (Rhincodon typus) is a slow-moving filter feeding shark and the largest known living fish species. The largest confirmed individual had a length of 41.5 ft and a weight of approximately 47,000 lb, and unconfirmed reports of considerably larger whale sharks exist. The whale shark holds many records for sheer size in the animal kingdom, most notably being by far the largest living non-mammalian vertebrate.
The whale shark is found in open waters of the tropical oceans and have very large mouths and are filter feeders, which is a feeding mode that occurs in only two other sharks, the megamouth shark and the basking shark. They feed mainly on plankton and are considered harmless to humans.
Without any doubt snorkeling alongside these magnificent creatures is an experience not to be missed. We will ensure that this day is going to be one that you will never forget!
Your Whale Shark Swimming Adventure (departs from La Paz) includes the following:
- Bilingual staff
- Round trip transportation
- Snorkeling equipment
- Tour duration: 6 hours (approximate time)
- Tour schedule: 08:30 AM daily
- Tour departure: from La Paz marina (details will accompany your reservation confirmation)
- Age restrictions: all ages welcome
- Clients who are under the influence of alcohol or drugs will not be allowed to participate
Please bring the following to your Whale Shark Swimming Adventure (departs from La Paz):
- Biodegradable sunscreen/repellent
- Hat & sunglasses
- Backpack for extra clothing
- Dry clothing for return trip
- Light sweater or jacket (during winter)
- $7 USD National Park permit fee
- Extra $$ for tips, etc.