Private Whale Shark Encounter (departs from Los Cabos)
The fascinating whale shark (Rhincodon typus) is a slow-moving filter feeding shark and the largest known living fish species. The largest confirmed individual had a length of 41.5 ft and a weight of approximately 47,000 lb, and unconfirmed reports of considerably larger whale sharks exist. The whale shark holds many records for sheer size in the animal kingdom, most notably being by far the largest living non-mammalian vertebrate.
The whale shark is found in open waters of the tropical oceans and have very large mouths and are filter feeders, which is a feeding mode that occurs in only two other sharks, the megamouth shark and the basking shark. They feed mainly on plankton and are considered harmless to humans.
Without any doubt snorkeling alongside these magnificent creatures is an experience not to be missed. We will ensure that this day is going to be one that you will never forget!
$1,799 Up to 9 guests
Your Private Whale Shark Encounter (departs from Los Cabos) includes the following:
- Bilingual staff
- Round trip transportation
- Snorkel equipment
- Bottled water and soda
- Tour duration: 8 hours
- Tour schedule: 08:00 AM daily (except Sundays)
- Tour departure: from selected hotels (details will accompany your reservation confirmation)
- Age restrictions: minimum age 8 years; children between 8-11 years pay children’s price
- Pregnant women will not be allowed to participate
- Those who are severely physically challenged and those who suffer from heart, respiratory or back problems will not be allowed to participate
- Fairly vigorous swimming will be required
- Previous snorkeling experience is recommended
- Clients who are under the influence of alcohol or drugs will not be allowed to participate
- Note: this tour is weather dependent and will therefore only operate if weather permits; although the tour will search for the whales sharks for 90 minutes finding them is not guaranteed
Please bring the following to your Private Whale Shark Encounter (departs from Los Cabos):
- Biodegradable sunscreen
- Non-slip shoes
- Change of clothes
- Light jacket or sweater
- Extra $$ for tips, etc.