Izamal Town Tour
Afterwards enjoy the unique town of Izamal, a Mexican “Magic City” and UNESCO World Heritage Site. Founded in the 4th century by the religious Maya patriarch Itzamna it is probably one of the oldest cities in the Yucatan and was later used by Spanish conquerors as their primary Christian sanctuary in which they converted local indigenous people to Catholicism.
Colonial architecture, a well-preserved archaeological site in the center of town, the spectacular Franciscan Convent of San Antonio de Padua, numerous horse-drawn carriages (“calesa” in Spanish) and the vibrant yellow color of most of this city makes one of the most beautiful cities in the country.
Price Adult: $85
Price Children: $60
Your Izamal Town Tour includes the following:
- Bilingual staff
- Round trip transportation
- Entrance fees
- Tour duration: 7 hours
- Tour schedule: 09:00 AM daily
- Tour departure: from selected hotels (details will accompany your reservation confirmation)
- Clients who are under the influence of alcohol or drugs will not be allowed to participate
Please bring the following to your Izamal Town Tour:
- Biodegradable sunscreen/repellent
- Hat and sunglasses
- Cool clothing and light sweater (during winter months)
- Tennis or hiking shoes
- Bottled water
- Extra $$ for lunch, tips, etc.