Private Ek Balam Archaeological Site & Valladolid City Tour
Visit Ek-Balam, a XI-century Maya city, one of the most impressively preserved ceremonial centers on the Yucatan Peninsula, where you will witness the incredible decoration of its very recently restored temples and plazas, including the unique sculptures in high relief that have surprised archaeologists.
Valladolid, located approximately halfway between the Riviera Maya and the capital city of Merida, is a colonial Yucatecan city packed with historical, natural and cultural treasures. Visit the Cathedral of San Servacio, the first Spanish colonial church built in the area, and the Convent of San Bernardino Siena, the second largest Franciscan construction in the Yucatan Peninsula. Built in 1555 it is remains one of the most beautiful of the surviving convents in the region.
Your Private Ek Balam Archaeological Site & Valladolid City Tour includes the following:
- Bilingual staff
- Round trip transportation
- Entrance fees
- Tour duration: 10 hours
- Tour schedule: 08:00 AM daily
- Tour departure: from selected hotels (details will accompany your reservation confirmation)
- Clients who are under the influence of alcohol or drugs will not be allowed to participate
Please bring the following to your Private Ek Balam Archaeological Site & Valladolid City Tour:
- Biodegradable sunscreen/repellent
- Hat and sunglasses
- Cool clothing and light sweater (during winter months)
- Bottled water
- Extra $$ for lunch, tips, etc.