Private Merida City Tour
Mérida is the cultural heart and soul of the Yucatan Peninsula. With a long history starting with the Maya, followed by the Spanish conquistadors and continuing into the golden era of the henequen plantations, this historic city offers you insights into a rich culture, incredible cuisine and very friendly people.
Known as ‘The White City’, Mérida was founded in 1542 by the Spanish Conquistador Francisco de Montejo, after marching east to west across the Yucatan Peninsula from the Maya port of Xel-Ha.
Mérida has one of the largest historical districts in the Americas, with large and small colonial homes lining the city streets in various states of restoration and a beautifully restored city center. This is definitely a great day trip with an abundance of museums, monuments art galleries, churches, restaurants, theatres, stores, and food and clothing markets to be discovered.
Your Private Merida City Tour includes the following:
- Bilingual staff
- Round trip transportation
- Entrance fees
- Tour duration: 5 hours
- Tour schedule: 09:00 AM daily
- Tour departure: from selected hotels (details will accompany your reservation confirmation)
- Clients who are under the influence of alcohol or drugs will not be allowed to participate
Please bring the following to your Private Merida City Tour:
- Biodegradable sunscreen/repellent
- Hat and sunglasses
- Cool clothing and light sweater (during winter months)
- Tennis or hiking shoes
- Bottled water
- Extra $$ for lunch, tips etc…