Private Uxmal & Kabah Archaeological Sites Tour
Uxmal, today a UNESCO World Heritage Site, was one of the largest cities of the Yucatán peninsula on the Ruta Puuc (Puuc Route), and at its height was home to approximately 20,000 Maya. Its buildings are noted for their size and decoration and ancient roads called “sacbes” connect the buildings, connecting other ancient cities in the area such as Chichén Itzá, Caracol and Xunantunich in modern-day Belize, and Tikal in modern-day Guatemala.
It is speculated that Kabáh may have been as large as Uxmal and its political equal. It was inhabited by 250 BC. with the buildings erected between 600 to 1000 AD. This site is more ornamental in its architectural features than its neighbors, including the rain capture and water distribution systems, the greatest free standing archway (uncharacteristic of this region), and the ornate building of Codz Poop.
Price dependent on group size. From $274 p/person (group size of 1) to $62 p/person (group size of 13).
Your Private Uxmal & Kabah Archaeological Sites Tour includes the following:
- Bilingual staff
- Round trip transportation
- Entrance fees
- Tour duration: 9 hours
- Tour schedule: 09:00 AM daily
- Tour departure: from selected hotels (details will accompany your reservation confirmation)
- Clients who are under the influence of alcohol or drugs will not be allowed to participate
Please bring the following to your Private Uxmal & Kabah Archaeological Sites Tour:
- Biodegradable sunscreen/repellent
- Hat and sunglasses
- Cool clothing and light sweater (during winter months)
- Bottled water
- Extra $$ for snacks, tips etc…