Private Uxmal Archaeological Site & Loltun Caves Tour
Visit Uxmal, today a UNESCO World Heritage Site, one of the largest cities of the Yucatán peninsula on the Ruta Puuc (Puuc Route), and at its height home to approximately 20,000 Maya. Its buildings are noted for their size and decoration and ancient roads called “sacbes” connect the buildings, connecting other ancient cities in the area such as Chichén Itzá, Caracol and Xunantunich in modern-day Belize, and Tikal in modern-day Guatemala.
Then journey to Loltun, the most extensive cave system yet explored in Mexico (more than two kilometres of explored passageway). inhabited over 10,000 years ago by ancestors of the American peoples the caves also served as a hiding place during the Caste War. Aside from the beautiful geological formations you will also be able to observe ancient hand-painted human faces on the cave walls, sculptural representations, and representations of animals and geometric shapes.
From $80 per person
Your Private Uxmal Archaeological Site & Loltun Caves Tour includes the following:
- Bilingual staff
- Round trip transportation
- Entrance fees
- Tour duration: 10 hours
- Tour schedule: 08:00 AM daily
- Tour departure: from selected hotels (details will accompany your reservation confirmation)
- Clients who are under the influence of alcohol or drugs will not be allowed to participate
Please bring the following to your Private Uxmal Archaeological Site & Loltun Caves Tour:
- Biodegradable sunscreen / repellent
- Hat and sunglasses
- Cool clothing and light sweater (during winter months)
- Bottled water
- Extra $$ for tips, etc.