Puuc Archaeological Route & Loltun Caves
Discover Loltun, the most extensive cave system yet explored in Mexico (more than two kilometres of explored passageway). inhabited over 10,000 years ago by ancestors of the American peoples the caves also served as a hiding place during the Caste War. Aside from the beautiful geological formations you will also be able to observe ancient hand-painted human faces on the cave walls, sculptural representations, and representations of animals and geometric shapes.
The Puuc Route, a collection of the important and well-preserved Maya archaeological sites south of the capital city of Merida, is a fantastic way to reconnect with the rich history and culture of ancient Mexico. Visit Labná, Xlapak, Sayil, Kabah and end this amazing journey in Uxmal, today a UNESCO World Heritage Site, and one of the largest ancient Maya cities of the Yucatán Peninsula.
Price Adult: $115
Price Children: $85
Your Puuc Archaeological Route & Loltun Caves includes the following:
- Bilingual staff
- Round trip transportation
- Entrance fees
- 5 archaeological sites
- Tour duration: 9 hours
- Tour schedule: 08:00 AM daily
- Tour departure: from selected hotels (details will accompany your reservation confirmation)
- Clients who are under the influence of alcohol or drugs will not be allowed to participate
Please bring the following to your Puuc Archaeological Route & Loltun Caves:
- Biodegradable sunscreen/repellent
- Hat and sunglasses
- Cool clothing and light sweater (during winter months)
- Tennis or hiking shoes
- Bottled water
- Extra $$ for tips, etc.