Mountain Canyoneering Adventure: El Salto
El Salto is a canyon set deep in the beautiful Sierra de Santiago, a string of mountains just south of the city of Monterrey, the industrial capital of northern Mexico. The incredibly green vegetation is a mix of pine and oak forest on your way to the top, and a wild transition to a jungle-like environment once you enter the canyon for the descent.
El Salto is a very accessible and short canyon with only two rappel descents, both free-hanging and finishing in dry pebble-covered river beds. Although the canyon does boast some wet conditions during heavy rains it is mostly dry throughout the year.
This is a fairly easy canyon to traverse and is great for families, beginners and those who only want to spend half a day out in the mountains.
With transport: $119
Your Mountain Canyoneering Adventure: El Salto includes the following:
- Bilingual staff
- Round trip transportation (optional)
- Certified canyoneering guides
- All adventure equipment required
- Bottled water
- Tour duration: 5 hours
- Tour schedule: 6:00 AM Saturday and Sunday; all year
- Tour departure: Hotel Cola de Caballo (details will accompany your reservation confirmation)
- Age restrictions: minimum age 10 years; children 10 to 13 years to be accompanied by a paying adult
- Pregnant women will not be allowed to participate
- Persons who suffer serious heart or lung diseases, who have been recently operated on, or who have serious back or neck problems will not be allowed to participate
- Persons who suffer vertigo or any type of convulsive disorder will not be allowed to participate
- Use of certain medications may result in activity restrictions
- Clients who are under the influence of alcohol or drugs will not be allowed to participate
Please bring the following to your Mountain Canyoneering Adventure: El Salto:
- Walking or hiking shoes
- Extra $$ for tips etc…