Urban Zip-lining Adventure
Horno Alto Nº 3 was designed by Arthur G. McKee & Co. from Cleveland, Ohio. Building began in October 1965 and operations started in January 1968, with the capacity to produce 1,500 to 2,000 tons of cast iron per day.
It had the most advanced technologies, notable among which were the electronic programmer of raw materials and the automatic system for the control of furnace combustion. With this the Monterrey Foundry reached a production of a million tons of steel per year, which made it the most important steel mill in Mexico.
Today the mill is a national monument complete with a well designed and very interesting museum and a world class Mexican gourmet restaurant. More importantly the mill now boasts its latest addition: a unique rappel and zip-line route that tours the entire structure of the old mill, from its height of mora than 250 feet, through all of its intricate passageways, until it reaches tierra firma below.
This is a one-of-a-kind experience that will pump your adrenaline, provide you with the most spectacular birds-eye views of the city of Monterrey, and will leave you with unforgettable memories of this incredible human structure.
Your Urban Zip-lining Adventure includes the following:
- Bilingual staff
- All adventure equipment required
- Tour duration: 2 hours
- Tour schedule: 2:00 PM to 6:00 PM on Friday; 11:00 AM to 6:00 PM Saturday and Sunday
- Tour departure: From Parque Fundidora (details will accompany your reservation confirmation)
- Age restrictions: minimum age 10 years
- Maximum weight: 115kgs / 250lbs
- Pregnant women will not be allowed to participate
- Persons who suffer serious heart or lung diseases, who have been recently operated on, or who have serious back or neck problems will not be allowed to participate
- Persons who suffer vertigo or any type of convulsive disorder will not be allowed to participate
- Use of certain medications may result in activity restrictions
- Clients who are under the influence of alcohol or drugs will not be allowed to participate
Please bring the following to your Urban Zip-lining Adventure:
- Comfortable clothing
- Light sweater or jacket (during winter)
- Closed or laced shoes
- Extra $$ for tips, etc.