Island Discovery Tour (departs from Nuevo Vallarta)
Enjoy a wonderful day trip in an inflatable speed boat that heads out into Banderas Bay to explore the Marietas Islands, an ecologically diverse sanctuary with a stunning hidden beach nestled just out of sight. These islands, made famous by oceanographer Jacques Cousteau, provide the perfect environment for an exciting eco-adventure.
Enjoy walks on the islands’ many hidden beaches with friends and family, including the iconic Lover’s Beach, and soak in the warm Puerto Vallarta sunshine.
Snorkel in and out of cave formations and rock archways, admire the extraordinary terrain and more than 100 species of tropical fish that call these rocky reefs home. Cruise around the islands on this informative eco-discovery tour with an expert guide who will point out the unique wildlife and numerous species of birds.
Along the way you may even see the numerous schools of wild dolphins, whales (in winter), rays and even sea turtles that call the Bay of banderas home.
Your Island Discovery Tour (departs from Nuevo Vallarta) includes the following:
- Bilingual staff
- Life jackets
- Tour duration: 3.5 hours
- Tour schedule: 07:00 AM daily
- Tour departure: From selected hotels (details will accompany your reservation confirmation)
- Age restrictions: minimum age 12 years
- Life jackets: required
- Access to the hidden beach: not guaranteed and is dependent upon sea conditions
- Sunblock: of any type is not permitted
- Swimming requirement: Participants must be fit and able to swim 200 feet (75 meters) from boat to beach (distance may vary based on sea conditions)
- Medical issues: People who suffer from heart disease, back or spine problems are not permitted to participate in this activity
- Pregnant women are not permitted to participate
- Clients who are under the influence of alcohol or drugs will not be allowed to participate
Please bring the following to your Island Discovery Tour (departs from Nuevo Vallarta):
- Biodegradable sunscreen
- Light sweater or jacket (during winter)
- Marine park fee of $3.00 USD
- Extra $$ for tips, etc.