Talpa & Mascota Excursion (departs from Nuevo Vallarta)
Get out and discover two “Magic Towns of Mexico” on a journey through the history of the two beautiful colonial mining towns of Talpa and Mascota, both hidden high up in the fertile valleys of the majestic Sierra Madre mountains.
Walk along the town square and market in Mascota and enjoy tasty treats like hand-made tortillas and candies from small stores along the slowly winding roads. With a population of only 10,000, Mascota is charming as well as rich in history. Learn the fascinating story behind a church that took over 100 years to build and lies incomplete to this day.
Afterwards visit the town of Talpa de Allende. Talpa is famous for it’s pilgrimages to the stately church that shelters the beloved virgin, Rosario de Talpa. It is also known for its majestic views and kind, welcoming people. Smell the sweet aromas as you walk along the cobblestone streets beside thriving candy factories.
Explore these quaint, colonial towns with expert guides and small group format for a colorful, cultural collage of history, food and tradition.
Your Talpa & Mascota Excursion (departs from Nuevo Vallarta) includes the following:
- Bilingual staff
- Tour duration: 10 hours
- Tour schedule: 07:00 AM daily
- Tour departure: from selected hotels (details will accompany your reservation confirmation)
- Age restrictions: minimum age 8 years
- Clients who are under the influence of alcohol or drugs will not be allowed to participate
Please bring the following to your Talpa & Mascota Excursion (departs from Nuevo Vallarta):
- Biodegradable sunscreen / repellent
- Swimsuit and towel
- Hat and sunglasses
- Light clothing (spring and summer)
- Sweater (autumn and winter)
- Comfortable shoes
- Extra $$ for tips, etc.