Ancestral Wisdom of Oaxaca (5 days)
The ancient wisdom of indigenous communities has been a closely guarded secret for centuries. Journey into the heartland of rural Oaxaca on an expedition that will reveal a mysterious, extraordinary culture that until now has been hidden from outsiders, one that is currently fighting for its very survival.
Early morning transfer from Oaxaca City to the community of Cuajimoloyas.
Hike and guided medicinal plant tour through Coyote Canyon.
Visit “Ojito de Agua”.
Visit Mrs. Telefora, a local doctor who practices traditional medicine.
Overnight in Cuajimoloyas.
Early morning transfer from Cuajimoloyas to the community of La Nevería.
Hike and guided medicinal plant tour.
Sitz bath with medicinal plants used by local healers for therapeutic purposes.
Overnight in La Nevería.
Hike from the cold pine forests of La Nevería to the lower altitude oak forests of the community of Latuvi.
Visit Mrs. Julia, a local artisan who prepares the ancient drinks of pulque and tepache.
Overnight in Latuvi.
Early morning transfer from Latuvi to the community of Amatlan.
Hike through mining region.
Traditional Temazcal (sweat lodge) and massage.
Overnight in Amatlan.
Early morning transfer from Amatlan to Oaxaca City.
Price : from $275
English speaking guide: additional $60 p/day
Your Ancestral Wisdom of Oaxaca (5 days) includes the following:
- Round trip transportation from Oaxaca City
- Entrance fees to the Commonwealth Village Project
- 4 day hikes (with local guides)
- 1 presentation on medicinal plants
- 1 sitz bath
- 1 visit to local pulque producers
- 1 temazcal (indigenous sweat lodge + massage)
- 12 meals (4 breakfasts, 4 lunches, 4 dinners)
- 4 nights accommodation (private cabañas)
- Travel insurance
- Tour duration: 4 nights, 5 days
- Tour departure: from Oaxaca City (details will accompany your reservation confirmation)
- Tour group size: minimum 2 persons
- Activity level: easy to medium
- Clients who are under the influence of alcohol or drugs will not be allowed to participate
Please bring the following to your Ancestral Wisdom of Oaxaca (5 days):
- Biodegradable sunscreen/repellent
- Small backpack
- Comfortable clothing for included activities (hiking, biking and/or horseback riding)
- All clothing neutral colors (bright colors are not permitted)
- Comfortable hiking/walking shoes
- Hat for sun protection
- Items for personal hygiene (soap is provided)
- Sweater or jacket
- Raincoat (during rainy season)
- Jacket, gloves, cap and scarf (during winter months)
- Extra $$ for souvenirs, tips etc…