Indigenous Artisans of Oaxaca
Travel deep into the mountains of the Mixtec region, world famous for its colorful indigenous culture and the unique handmade crafts that local artisans create. Admire the spectacular architecture of the 16th century Dominican convent of Santo Domingo in Ocotlan, surrounded by a bustling morning market filled with visiting indigenous people from all over the region.
Spend time with the artisans who produce woven clothing in the village of Jalieza and end the day amongst some of the most experienced creators of the brightly colored Zapotec folk art sculptures of the fantastical creatures known “alebrijes”, signature crafts of the state of Oaxaca.
Your Indigenous Artisans of Oaxaca tour includes the following:
- Bilingual staff
- Round trip transportation
- Bottled water
- Craftsmanship demonstration
- Tour duration: 7 hours
- Tour schedule: 9:00 AM Fridays
- Tour departure: from selected hotels (details will accompany your reservation confirmation)
- Minimum group size: this tour requires a minimum of 2 persons
- Age restrictions: minimum age 4 years; children between 4-9 years pay children’s price
- Clients who are under the influence of alcohol or drugs will not be allowed to participate
Please bring the following to your Indigenous Artisans of Oaxaca tour:
- Biodegradable sunscreen / repellent
- Tennis or hiking shoes
- Extra $$ for souvenirs, tips, etc.