Long Distance Bike Adventure (6 days)
Traverse the spectacular Sierra Norte mountain range of Oaxaca on a four day, 45 mile-long biking expedition. Face the challenge of long distance mountain biking while experiencing the secretive indigenous cultures and pristine natural environment of rural Mexico.
Arrival and check-in to hotel in Oaxaca City.
Transfer to “El Rey de Matatlán” mezcal house for a tour of the production process.
Transfer to Llano Grande.
Traverse the Lookout Point Trail which starts at an altitude of almost 10,000 feet (17 miles).
Overnight in Llano Grande.
Traverse the “Mirador la Cucharilla” Trail through cloud forest (18 miles).
Picnic at the “Lion’s Face” river.
Visit Mrs. Julia, a local artisan who prepares the ancient drinks of pulque and tepache.
Overnight in Latuvi.
Bike through the forest of “Camino Real” (total of 14 miles).
Visit the local museum in the village of Amatlán.
Campfire with indigenous legends.
Overnight in Amatlán.
Transfer to the community of Ixtepeji.
Bike along the “204 Route” (total of 9.5 miles).
Return transfer to Oaxaca City and check-in to hotel.
Overnight in Oaxaca City.
Price: from $360
English speaking guide: additional $90 p/day
Your Long Distance Bike Adventure (6 days) includes the following:
- Round trip transportation from Oaxaca City
- Entrance fees to the Commonwealth Village Project
- 4 day mountain biking routes (with local guides)
- 1 visit to local pulque producers
- 1 visit to local mezcal producers
- 2 picnics
- 1 visit to local museum
- 1 fireside indigenous legends evening
- 9 meals (3 breakfasts, 3 lunches, 3 dinners)
- 3 nights accommodation (private cabañas)
- 2 nights accommodation (hotel double occupation)
- Travel insurance
- Tour duration: 5 nights, 6 days
- Tour departure: from Oaxaca City (details will accompany your reservation confirmation)
- Tour group size: minimum 2 persons
- Activity level: advanced
- Clients who are under the influence of alcohol or drugs will not be allowed to participate
Please bring the following to your Long Distance Bike Adventure (6 days):
- Biodegradable sunscreen/repellent
- Small backpack
- Comfortable clothing for included activities (hiking, biking and/or horseback riding)
- All clothing neutral colors (bright colors are not permitted)
- Comfortable hiking/walking & cycling shoes
- Hat for sun protection
- Items for personal hygiene (soap is provided)
- Sweater or jacket
- Raincoat (during rainy season)
- Jacket, gloves, cap and scarf (during winter months)
- Extra $$ for bike & helmet rental, souvenirs, tips etc…