Mitla Archaeological Tour
Explore the artfully restored archaeological site of Mitla, or “place of the dead” from the ancient Nahuatl language. The main religious center in the region, Mitla is the second most important archeological site in the state of Oaxaca, and the most important of the Zapotec culture.
Travel deeper into the mountains to the unique rock formations of Hierve el Agua. Created by fresh water springs, whose water is oversaturated with calcium carbonate and other minerals, these impressive cliffs resemble petrified waterfalls.
End the day enjoying a tour of the mezcal production process and a delicious tasting of this signature drink from the state of Oaxaca.
Price Adult: $35
Price Child: $25
Your Mitla Archaeological Tour includes the following:
- Bilingual staff
- Round trip transportation
- Entrance fees
- Tour duration: 4 hours
- Tour schedule: 10:00 AM daily
- Tour departure: from selected hotels (details will accompany your reservation confirmation)
- Age restrictions: minimum age 4 years; children between 4-9 years pay children’s price
- Clients who are under the influence of alcohol or drugs will not be allowed to participate
Please bring the following to your Mitla Archaeological Tour:
- Biodegradable sunscreen/repellent
- Tennis or hiking shoes
- Swimming gear (optional at Hierve el Agua)
- Extra $$ for souvenirs, tips etc…