Monte Alban Archaeological Tour
Explore the remarkable ancient city of Monte Alban. Founded around 500 B.C., not only was Monte Alban one of the earliest cities of Mesoamerica but also the preeminent Zapotec socio-political and economic center for close to a thousand years.
From here a leap forward to the reign of the Dominican Order with a visit to the famous convent of Santiago Apostol in the mountain village of Cuilapam. And end the day witnessing local indigenous artisans who create pottery made from the black clay that is emblematic of the state of Oaxaca.
Your Monte Alban Archaeological Tour includes the following:
- Bilingual staff
- Round trip transportation
- Entrance fees
- Tour duration: 8 hours
- Tour schedule: 10:00 AM daily
- Tour departure: from selected hotels (details will accompany your reservation confirmation)
- Age restrictions: minimum age 4 years; children between 4-9 years pay children’s price
- Clients who are under the influence of alcohol or drugs will not be allowed to participate
Please bring the following to your Monte Alban Archaeological Tour:
- Biodegradable sunscreen/repellent
- Tennis or hiking shoes
- Extra $$ for souvenirs, tips, etc.