Mountain Hiking Tour (4 days)
Traverse the spectacular Sierra Norte mountain range of Oaxaca on a four day hiking expedition at altitudes of 6,500 to 10,000 feet. Face the challenge of long distance hiking while discovering the secretive indigenous cultures and pristine natural environment of rural Mexico.
Hike through the deciduous forest of the Sierra Norte mountains (10 miles).
Overnight in Latuvi.
Hike through the forest of “Camino Real” (14 miles).
Visit the local museum in the village of Amatlán.
Campfire with indigenous legends.
Overnight in Amatlán.
Traverse the “Oak Forest” Trail through the Commonwealth Village Project region (14 miles, ascent from 6,500 to 10,000 feet).
Overnight in Llano Grande.
Walk along the “Sepultura” route.
Return transfer to Oaxaca City.
Price: from $210
English speaking guide: additional $60 p/day
Your Mountain Hiking Tour (4 days) includes the following:
- Round trip transportation from Oaxaca City
- Entrance fees to the Commonwealth Village Project
- 4 day mountain hiking routes (with local guides)
- 1 visit to local pulque producers
- 1 visit to local museum
- 1 fireside indigenous legends evening
- 11 meals (4 breakfasts, 4 lunches, 3 dinners)
- 3 nights accommodation (private cabañas)
- Travel insurance
- Tour duration: 3 nights, 4 days
- Tour departure: from Oaxaca City (details will accompany your reservation confirmation)
- Tour group size: minimum 2 persons
- Activity level: medium to advanced
- Clients who are under the influence of alcohol or drugs will not be allowed to participate
Please bring the following to your Mountain Hiking Tour (4 days):
- Biodegradable sunscreen/repellent
- Small backpack
- Comfortable clothing for included activities (hiking, biking and/or horseback riding)
- All clothing neutral colors (bright colors are not permitted)
- Comfortable hiking/walking shoes
- Hat for sun protection
- Items for personal hygiene (soap is provided)
- Sweater or jacket
- Raincoat (during rainy season)
- Jacket, gloves, cap and scarf (during winter months)
- Extra $$ for meals, souvenirs, tips etc…