Mountains of Oaxaca Adventure (4 days)
Explore the spectacular Sierra Norte mountain range of Oaxaca on a four day adventure expedition. Discover the secretive indigenous cultures who live in this remote region, admire the pristine natural environment of rural Mexico and enjoy exciting adventure activities.
Transfer to the community of La Nevería.
Hike along the “Loma de Ocote” route (5-6 miles).
Visit the waterfall at the “Los Tejones” river.
Overnight in La Nevería.
Hike along the farming trail of the Benito Juarez community (5-6 miles).
Zip lines and hanging bridge.
Overnight in Benito Juarez.
Traverse the “Wild Mushroom” Trail of the Cuajimoloyas community (5-6 miles).
Zip line (3,000 feet).
Yaa-cuetzi lookout point.
Overnight in Cuajimoloyas.
Hike through Coyote canyon (5-6 miles).
Visit “Ojito de Agua”.
Visit the village of Santa María del Tule.
Return transfer to Oaxaca City.
Price: from $225
English speaking guide: additional $60 p/day
Your Mountains of Oaxaca Adventure (4 days) includes the following:
- Round trip transportation from Oaxaca City
- Entrance fees to the Commonwealth Village Project
- 4 day hiking routes (with local guides)
- 3 zip line routes
- 10 meals (3 breakfasts, 4 lunches, 3 dinners)
- 3 nights accommodation (private cabañas)
- Travel insurance
- Tour duration: 3 nights, 4 days
- Tour departure: from Oaxaca City (details will accompany your reservation confirmation)
- Tour group size: minimum 2 persons
- Activity level: medium
- Clients who are under the influence of alcohol or drugs will not be allowed to participate
Please bring the following to your Mountains of Oaxaca Adventure (4 days):
- Biodegradable sunscreen/repellent
- Small backpack
- Comfortable clothing for included activities (hiking, biking and/or horseback riding)
- All clothing neutral colors (bright colors are not permitted)
- Comfortable hiking/walking shoes
- Hat for sun protection
- Items for personal hygiene (soap is provided)
- Sweater or jacket
- Raincoat (during rainy season)
- Jacket, gloves, cap and scarf (during winter months)
- Extra $$ for souvenirs, tips etc…