The Heart of Oaxacan Culture Biking Tour (5 days)
The spectacular Sierra Norte mountain range of Oaxaca is not only one of the richest zones of biodiversity, boasting 400 species of birds, 350 species of butterflies and 9 types of endemic vegetation, but is also home to the ancient Zapotec, Mixe, Chinantec, Tlaxcaltec and Nahua cultures. Discover these indigenous cultures who live in this remote region, explore the pristine natural environment of rural Mexico and admire the incredible beauty of this region on an unforgettable 5 day biking adventure.
Arrival and check-in to hotel in Oaxaca City.
Transfer to “El Rey de Matatlán”.
Tour of the mezcal production process.
Transfer to the community fo Llano Grande.
Cycle the “Sendero Encantado” route (8 miles)
Overnight in Llano Grande.
Cycle from Llano Grande to the Cuajimoloyas community on the “Cueva de Iglesia” route (11 miles).
Overnight in Cuajimoloyas.
Cycle from Cuajimoloyas to the Amatlan community on the “Ka-Yezzi-Daa-Vii” route (14 miles).
Visit the local museum in the village of Amatlán.
Return transfer to Oaxaca City.
Price: from $325
English speaking guide: additional $90 p/day
Your The Heart of Oaxacan Culture Biking Tour (5 days) includes the following:
- Round trip transportation from Oaxaca City
- Entrance fees to the Commonwealth Village Project
- 3 day mountain biking routes (with local guides)
- Mountain bikes and helmets
- 1 visit to local mezcal producers
- 1 picnic
- zip lines
- 1 visit to local museum
- 1 fireside indigenous legends evening
- 7 meals (2 breakfasts, 3 lunches, 2 dinners)
- 2 nights accommodation (private cabañas)
- 2 nights accommodation (hotel double occupation)
- Travel insurance
- Tour duration: 4 nights, 5 days
- Tour departure: from Oaxaca City (details will accompany your reservation confirmation)
- Tour group size: minimum 2 persons
- Activity level: medium to advanced
- Clients who are under the influence of alcohol or drugs will not be allowed to participate
Please bring the following to your The Heart of Oaxacan Culture Biking Tour (5 days):
- Biodegradable sunscreen/repellent
- Small backpack
- Comfortable clothing for included activities (hiking, biking and/or horseback riding)
- All clothing neutral colors (bright colors are not permitted)
- Comfortable hiking/walking & cycling shoes
- Hat for sun protection
- Items for personal hygiene (soap is provided)
- Sweater or jacket
- Raincoat (during rainy season)
- Jacket, gloves, cap and scarf (during winter months)
- Extra $$ for meals, souvenirs, tips etc…