Aluxes Eco Park
Aluxes Eco Park is a nonprofit project whose mission is conservation, habitat rehabilitation, education and wildlife rescue. The park boasts over 55 regional tree species on 5 hectares of wetlands and is a flagship center for the reintroduction and breeding of the Scarlet Macaw, the rescue and release of Howler Monkeys, and the rescue and breeding of many other endangered species.
With more than 1,000 recorded bird species be on the lookout for the Black-headed Trogon, Keel-billed Toucan, Golden-fronted Woodpecker, Ferruginous Pygmy Owl, Indigo Bunting, Least Flycatcher, Yellow Warbler, Yellow-breasted Chat, Blue-gray Tanager and American Pygmy Kingfisher, amongst many others.
The park is also world famous for its more than 200 species of butterfly (in season), including Swallowtails, Whites and Sulfurs, Blues and Hairstreaks, Metalmarks, Brushfoots, Admirals and Relatives, Leafwings and many more.
Daytime Entrance – Add ons
Scarlet macaw encounter
Baby boa encounter
Giant Turtle encounter
Night & Day Tour
Your Aluxes Eco Park includes the following:
- Daytime Entrance: Park entrance
- Nighttime Tour: Park entrance, guide, baby boa encounter, manatee feeding, crocodile feeding, 1 mile night walk, lamp
- Night & Day Tour: Daytime Entrance & Nighttime Tour Features and Details
- All Inclusive: Park entrance, baby boa encounter, manatee feeding, crocodile feeding, giant turtle encounter, scarlet macaw encounter, pedal boat, bird watchtower experience
- Tour duration: variable; Nighttime Tour 2.5 hours aprox
- Tour schedule: 09:00 AM through 6:00 PM; Nighttime Tour 7:00 PM
- Tour departure: from Aluxes Eco Park entrance (details will accompany your reservation confirmation)
- Daytime Entrance Tour age restrictions: 3 to 4.5 ft – Child Price, less than 3 ft – Free
- Nighttime Tour: minimum 8 people
- Clients who are under the influence of alcohol or drugs will not be allowed to participate
Please bring the following to your Aluxes Eco Park:
- Biodegradable sunscreen / repellent
- Light sweater or jacket (during winter)
- Extra $$ for tips, etc.