Private Aluxes Eco Park
Aluxes Eco Park is a nonprofit project whose mission is conservation, habitat rehabilitation, education and wildlife rescue. The park boasts over 55 regional tree species on 5 hectares of wetlands and is a flagship center for the reintroduction and breeding of the Scarlet Macaw, the rescue and release of Howler Monkeys, and the rescue and breeding of many other endangered species.
With more than 1,000 recorded bird species be on the lookout for the Black-headed Trogon, Keel-billed Toucan, Golden-fronted Woodpecker, Ferruginous Pygmy Owl, Indigo Bunting, Least Flycatcher, Yellow Warbler, Yellow-breasted Chat, Blue-gray Tanager and American Pygmy Kingfisher, amongst many others.
This early morning private entrance is the perfect opportunity for avid birders.
The park is also world famous for its more than 200 species of butterfly (in season), including Swallowtails, Whites and Sulfurs, Blues and Hairstreaks, Metalmarks, Brushfoots, Admirals and Relatives, Leafwings and many more.
Price: $300 (1-8 persons)
Your Private Aluxes Eco Park includes the following:
- EARLY MORNING: Park entrance, Map
- VIP TOUR: Bilingual staff, Park entrance, Guided tour of the park, Entrance to feeding area, Food preparation, Animal feeding, Scarlet Macaw, baby crocodile or baby boa interaction, Bird observation tower
- Tour duration: Early Morning variable; VIP Tour 4 hours
- Tour schedule: Early Morning 06:00 AM; VIP Tour 09:00 AM through 12:00 PM
- Tour departure: from Aluxes Eco Park entrance (details will accompany your reservation confirmation)
- Clients who are under the influence of alcohol or drugs will not be allowed to participate
Please bring the following to your Private Aluxes Eco Park:
- Light sweater or jacket (during winter)
- Extra $$ for tips etc…