Maya Ceremonial Night (departs from Puerto Aventuras)
Discover the world of Mayan culture old and new. At the community of “Dos Palmas” (Two Palms) you will enter this fascinating world and be allowed to participate in selected local traditions, including story-telling, Mayan purification rituals, and the world-famous Temazcal (the sacred Mayan steam bath).
In ancient Mesoamerica the Temazcal it was used as part of a curative ceremony thought to purify the body after exertion such as after a battle or a ceremonial ball game. It was also used for healing the sick, improving health, and for women to give birth. It continues to be used today in indigenous cultures of Mexico and Central America that were part of the ancient Mesoamerican region for spiritual and health reasons.
After these enlightening experiences a night-time swim in one of their beautiful fresh water cenotes which is, under a starry night sky, an unforgettable event. Wrapping it all up you will dine with a Mayan family from this community and feast on their delicious homemade cooking. If it is cultural interaction that you are looking for, this is the tour for you!
Your Maya Ceremonial Night (departs from Puerto Aventuras) includes the following:
- Bilingual staff
- Roundtrip transportation
- Mayan purification ceremony
- Cenote swim
- Mayan dinner
- Restrooms, lockers, showers
- Tour duration: 4 hours
- Tour schedule: 5:00 PM Wednesdays and Saturdays
- Tour departure: from selected hotels (details will accompany your reservation confirmation)
- Age restrictions: all ages welcome
- Clients who are under the influence of alcohol or drugs will not be allowed to participate
Please bring the following to your Maya Ceremonial Night (departs from Puerto Aventuras):
- Biodegradable sunscreen/repellent
- Swimsuit and towel
- Change of clothing
- Comfortable walking shoes or sports sandals
- Extra $$ for tips etc…