Coba Ruins Express Tour (departs from Puerto Morelos)
Nestled deep in the jungle of the southern Yucatan Peninsula is the ancient city of Coba, a large ruined city of the Pre-Columbian Maya civilization. Only recently restored and open to the public, the archaeological site of Coba attracts explorers from all over the world as its many restored buildings are scattered over a wide area in the dense sub-tropical rain forest.
Located around two lagoons a series of elevated stone and plaster roads radiate from the central site to various smaller sites near and far. Coba is estimated to have had some 50,000 inhabitants (and possibly significantly more) at its peak of civilization, and the built up area extends over some 80 km². One its main attractions is the Ancient Pyramid which is still open for the public who dare to climb its 130 steps.
Your Coba Ruins Express Tour (departs from Puerto Morelos) includes the following:
- Bilingual staff
- Round trip transportation
- Admission to and guided tour in the archaeological site
- Tour duration: 6 hours
- Tour schedule: 8:00 AM Thursdays
- Tour departure: from selected hotels (details will accompany your reservation confirmation)
- Age restrictions: children between 5-11 years pay children’s price
- Clients who are under the influence of alcohol or drugs will not be allowed to participate
Please bring the following to your Coba Ruins Express Tour (departs from Puerto Morelos):
- Biodegradable sunscreen / repellent
- Sunglasses and hat
- Comfortable clothing, walking shoes or sports sandals
- Extra $$ for tips, etc.