Bird Watching (departs from Puerto Vallarta)
If you are vacationing in Puerto Vallarta and you love birds, you are in for a treat! With more than 350 bird species in a variety of ecosystems, the choices include tropical deciduous forest, the rugged Sierra Madre mountains with elevations of more than 10,000 feet, lagoons, small rivers and creeks, agricultural areas, coastal environments and more.
Among the more popular species are the Green Jay, Tropical Kingbird, San Blas Jay, Yellow-winged Cacique, Social Flycatcher, Golden-cheeked Woodpecker and Russet-crowned Motmot, Grey-Crowned Woodpecker, Varied Bunting, Painted Redstart, Black-Vented Oriole, Grey-Collared Pygmy Owl, Tufted Flycatcher, Greater Pewee, the Orange-fronted Parakeet, Green Jay, the Citreoline Trogons, Tropical Kingbird, Magpie Jays, Pale-billed Woodpecker and the colorful but elusive Rosy Thrush-Tanager.
Your Bird Watching (departs from Puerto Vallarta) includes the following:
- Bilingual staff
- Round trip transportation
- Telescope and binoculars
- Birding field guide
- Continental breakfast
- Tour duration: 6-8 hours (depends on specific birding site)
- Tour schedule: 06:00 AM Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays
- Tour departure: from Marina Vallarta (details will accompany your reservation confirmation)
- Age restrictions: minimum age 5 years
- A minimum of two clients are required in order for this tour to operate
- Clients who are under the influence of alcohol or drugs will not be allowed to participate
Please bring the following to your Bird Watching (departs from Puerto Vallarta):
- Biodegradable sunscreen/repellent
- Comfortable clothing
- Walking shoes
- Extra $$ for tips, etc.