Dolphin Encounter (departs from Puerto Vallarta)
Learn all about the world of the Pacific Bottlenose dolphin from the best possible teachers – the dolphins themselves. Designed with non-swimmers in mind, this program is an ideal introduction to the anatomy, physiology and history of the ocean’s most inspiring mammals.
In this program, knowledgeable trainers start with a short poolside introduction to the honored resident dolphins helping you understand more about their interesting anatomy, physiology, history and fascinating underwater communication techniques.
Then it’s straight into the shallow water of the seawater lagoon where you’ll get closely acquainted with these friendly and curious characters. Feel their smooth skin, feed them their favorite treat, kiss and play with them and communicate one-on-one using your newly learned hand signals.
Dolphins are just as curious about us as we are about them and the strong bond they’ve created with the trainers ensures everyone will feel the warmth and intelligence of these beautiful creatures.
Your Dolphin Encounter (departs from Puerto Vallarta) includes the following:
- Bilingual staff
- 20 Minutes of in-water interaction and a 10 minute educational presentation
- Bottled water
- Life jacket
- Wetsuit (winter months)
- Restrooms, lockers
- Tour duration: 30 minutes
- Tour schedule: 10:00 AM, 11:00 AM, 12:00 PM, 2:00 PM, 3:00 PM, 4:00 PM and 5:00 PM daily
- Tour departure: from assigned meeting point (details will accompany your reservation confirmation)
- Age restrictions: minimum age 4 years; children 4-8 years of age must be accompanied by a paying adult; children 9 years and older can participate on their own
- Use of any type of sunblock is not permitted
- Use of personal cameras or jewellery is not permitted during the swim program
- Life jackets are provided and required
- Pregnant women will not be allowed to participate
- This program is not recommended for pregnant women as dolphins are able to detect pregnancy and may react adversely to it; women who are less than 5 months pregnant will be allowed to participate only if accompanied by another paying adult and after signing a Responsibility Waiver Form
- Clients who are under the influence of alcohol or drugs will not be allowed to participate
Please bring the following to your Dolphin Encounter (departs from Puerto Vallarta):
- Extra $$ for souvenirs, tips etc…