Marietas Eco Discovery
Just offshore and inside Banderas Bay, rests a group of small, volcanic islands known as the Marietas Islands. These islands, made famous by oceanographer Jacques Cousteau, provide the perfect environment for an exciting eco-adventure.
Participate in snorkel, kayak and paddleboard activities to view the abundant marine life, and enjoy a guided eco-oriented tour around the islands while observing the unique wildlife (including blue footed boobies) that call this place home.
Getting there and back onboard a modern catamaran is half the fun as you can observe wild dolphins (they usually swim in the wake of the catamaran), whales (in winter), rays and even sea turtles.
The catamaran comes complete with an open bar, full buffet lunch and a friendly crew who put on a spirited and entertaining performance that will keep you dancing all the way back to shore.
Your Marietas Eco Discovery adventure includes the following:
- Bilingual staff
- Continental breakfast (with early departures only)
- Deli lunch (with later departures only)
- Open bar (after water activities)
- Snorkel & kayak equipment
- Life jackets
- Tour duration: 6 hours
- Tour schedule: daily (except Saturdays)
- Tour departure: From assigned meeting point (details will accompany your reservation confirmation)
- Age restrictions: Children between 4 to 11 years pay child price
- Clients who are under the influence of alcohol or drugs will not be allowed to participate
Please bring the following to your Marietas Eco Discovery adventure:
- Biodegradable sunscreen
- Light sweater or jacket (during winter)
- Marine park fee of $3.00 USD
- Extra $$ for tips, etc.