Cozumel Submarine Tour (departs from Riviera Maya)
If you want to see why Cozumel is one of the top reef destinations in the world then this tour is for you! Board our US Coast Guard Certified submarine, the Atlantis VII, a one-of-a-kind tourist experience not to be found anywhere else in all of Mexico.
Descend to the Chankanaab Marine Park 100 feet below sea level, and enjoy the magic underwater world of the Caribbean Sea through the Atlantis’ large viewports. Chankanaab is home to a huge variety of tropical fish and coral, and is known worldwide by divers for its incredible visibility.
Your visit will include a visit to the famous Cozumel Wall, which drops to almost 1,800 feet before reaching the ocean floor. The submarine will also take you to see the Felipe Xicotencatl wreck, a 154-foot long ship that was purposefully sunk in 2000. This ex-US Navy minesweeper was bought by the Mexican Navy in 1962, now rests at 80 feet below sea level and is home to a wide variety of marine life.
Share all of these amazing sights with your family from within the safety and comfort of our submarine!
Marine Park Fee
Your Cozumel Submarine Tour (departs from Riviera Maya) includes the following:
- Bilingual staff
- 40-minute submarine tour
- Complimentary rum- or fruit-punch on board
- Submarine Dive Certificate
- Tour duration: 4 hours
- Tour schedule: 09:00 AM daily (except Sundays)
- Tour departure: Atlantis Retail Store (located on the Chankanaab Highway, Hotel Zone South in front of the Casa del Mar Hotel (details will accompany your reservation confirmation)
- Age restrictions: all ages welcome; children must be at least 3-feet tall
- This tour is not recommended for anyone who suffers from seasickness or hydrophobia
- Wheelchair guests may participate if they are able to safely navigate a 12-step ladder into and out of the submarine
- Clients who are under the influence of alcohol or drugs will not be allowed to board the submarine
Please bring the following to your Cozumel Submarine Tour (departs from Riviera Maya):
- Extra $$ for tips, etc.