Private Ek Balam & Valladolid Tour (departs from Riviera Maya)
Explore ancient Ek-Balam, a XI-century Maya city set deep in the subtropical rainforest of the Yucatan Peninsula. This impressive site is one of the most well preserved ceremonial centers in the region, and here you will witness the incredible decoration of its very recently restored temples and plazas, including unique sculptures in high relief that have surprised even seasoned archaeologists.
Afterwards visit the colonial city of Valladolid, the Yucatán’s third-largest city is known for its quiet streets and sun-splashed pastel walls. One of the first Spanish strongholds and crucible of the War of the Castes, the city still has handsome colonial buildings and 19th-century structures that make it a pleasant place to bask in the real Yucatán.
From $950 (1-4 people)
Your Private Ek Balam & Valladolid Tour (departs from Riviera Maya) includes the following:
- Bilingual staff
- Certified archaeological guide
- Round trip transportation
- Entrance fees
- Snacks and soft drinks
- Tour duration: 12 hours
- Tour schedule: variable
- Tour departure: from selected hotels (details will accompany your reservation confirmation)
- Age restrictions: children under 18 must be accompanied by an adult
- Clients who are under the influence of alcohol or drugs will not be allowed to participate
Please bring the following to your Private Ek Balam & Valladolid Tour (departs from Riviera Maya):
- Biodegradable sunscreen / repellent
- Sunglasses and hat
- Swimsuit and towel
- Comfortable clothing, walking shoes or sports sandals
- Raincoat (recommended during May to November rainy season)
- Extra $$ for tips, etc.