Whale Shark Snorkeling Tour (departs from Riviera Maya)
The fascinating whale shark (Rhincodon typus) is a slow-moving filter feeding shark and the largest known living fish species. The largest confirmed individual had a length of 41.5 ft and a weight of approximately 47,000 lb, and unconfirmed reports of considerably larger whale sharks exist. The whale shark holds many records for sheer size in the animal kingdom, most notably being by far the largest living non-mammalian vertebrate.
The whale shark is found in open waters of the tropical oceans and have very large mouths and are filter feeders, which is a feeding mode that occurs in only two other sharks, the megamouth shark and the basking shark. They feed mainly on plankton and are considered harmless to humans.
Without any doubt snorkeling alongside these magnificent creatures is an experience not to be missed. We will ensure that this day is going to be one that you will never forget!
Marine Park Fee
Your Whale Shark Snorkeling Tour (departs from Riviera Maya) includes the following:
- Bilingual staff
- Roundtrip transportation
- Boat transportation
- Snorkel equipment
- Life jacket
- 2 hours snorkel time
- Sandwich lunch
- Open bar after snorkeling activity
- Small groups of a maximum of 10 people
- Tour duration: 8 hours
- Tour schedule: 08:00 AM daily (during season)
- Tour departure: from selected hotels (details will accompany your reservation confirmation)
- Age restrictions: minimum age 6 years; children between 6-12 years pay children’s price
- This tour is not recommended for pregnant women
- This tour is not suitable for those who are severely physically challenged nor for those who suffer from heart, respiratory or back problems
- Clients who are under the influence of alcohol or drugs will not be allowed to participate
- Note: this tour is season dependent (June through September)
Please bring the following to your Whale Shark Snorkeling Tour (departs from Riviera Maya):
- Biodegradable sunscreen/repellent
- Swimsuit and towel
- Extra $$ for tips, etc.