The Secret Cultures of Chiapas Hiking Tour
The enigmatic and very secretive Maya of the jungle-clad highlands of Chiapas have only recently allowed foreigners to enter their world. Visit small mountain villages where you will be able to observe local religious customs, hike the trail used by locals to cross from one mountain village to the next, visit a typical Maya home and interact with this incredibly rich and colorful culture.
Your The Secret Cultures of Chiapas Hiking Tour includes the following:
- Bilingual guide
- Roundtrip transportation
- Entrance fees
- Tour duration: 5 hours
- Tour schedule: 09.30 AM daily
- Tour departure: From selected hotels (details will accompany your reservation confirmation)
- Age restriction: mínimum age 8 years
- Clients who are under the influence of alcohol or drugs will not be allowed to participate
Please bring the following to your The Secret Cultures of Chiapas Hiking Tour:
- Biodegradable sunscreen/repellent
- Shoes apt for hiking/walking in the mountains
- Camera (please be aware that some indigenous cultures find photography offensive; it is definitely prohibited to take photographs in the church of San Juan Chamula)
- Extra $$ for meals, souvenirs, tips, etc.