The Secret Cultures of Chiapas Horseback Riding Tour
Travel on horseback from San Cristobal de las Casas to the remote village of San Juan Chamula, home to the enigmatic and very secretive Maya of the jungle-clad highlands of Chiapas, who have only recently allowed foreigners to enter their world.
Visit this small mountain village and its neighbor, Zinacantan, where you will be able to observe local religious customs, visit a typical Maya home and interact with this incredibly rich and colorful culture.
Your The Secret Cultures of Chiapas Horseback Riding Tour includes the following:
- Bilingual guide
- Roundtrip transportation
- Trained horses
- All equipment required
- Entrance fees
- Tour duration: 5 hours
- Tour schedule: 09.30 AM daily
- Tour departure: From selected hotels (details will accompany your reservation confirmation)
- Age restriction: mínimum age 8 years
- Clients who are under the influence of alcohol or drugs will not be allowed to participate
Please bring the following to your The Secret Cultures of Chiapas Horseback Riding Tour:
- Biodegradable sunscreen/repellent
- Comfortable walking shoes or sports sandals
- Camera (please be aware that some indigenous cultures find photography offensive; it is definitely prohibited to take photographs in the church of San Juan Chamula)
- Extra $$ for meals, souvenirs, tips, etc.