The Secret Cultures of Chiapas
The enigmatic and very secretive Maya of the jungle-clad highlands of Chiapas have only recently allowed foreigners to enter their world. Visit small mountain villages where you will be able to observe local religious customs, visit a typical Maya home and interact with this incredibly rich and colorful culture.
Your The Secret Cultures of Chiapas includes the following:
- Bilingual guide
- Roundtrip transportation
- Entrance fees
- Tour duration: 5 hours
- Tour schedule: 09.30 AM daily
- Tour departure: From selected hotels (details will accompany your reservation confirmation)
- Clients who are under the influence of alcohol or drugs will not be allowed to participate
Please bring the following to your The Secret Cultures of Chiapas:
- Biodegradable sunscreen / repellent
- Comfortable walking shoes or sports sandals
- Camera (please be aware that some indigenous cultures find photography offensive; it is definitely prohibited to take photographs in the church of San Juan Chamula)
- Extra $$ for meals, souvenirs, tips, etc.