Chapels and Convents of the New Spanish Viceroyalty
Journey back into the early colonial period of the region of San Miguel de Allende, a time when the Spanish conquistadors began to dominate the indigenous Otomi culture, blending European Catholicism with Pre Hispanic tradition.
This unique, syncretic religious culture is most beautifully appreciated while accompanied by an expert anthropologist guide who will share expert knowledge, ancient wisdom and local legends surrounding the many chapels and temples built alongside the Laja River.
Your Chapels and Convents of the New Spanish Viceroyalty includes the following:
- Bilingual staff
- Round trip transportation
- Entrance fees
- Various sites of interest
- Tour duration: 4 hours
- Tour schedule: 09:00 AM Tuesdays to Saturdays
- Tour departure: from Cafe Moné in the center of San Miguel de Allende (details will accompany your reservation confirmation)
- Age restrictions: none
- Clients who are under the influence of alcohol or drugs will not be allowed to participate
Please bring the following to your Chapels and Convents of the New Spanish Viceroyalty:
- Biodegradable sunscreen/repellent
- Tennis or walking shoes
- Bottled water
- Extra $$ for lunch, tips, etc.