Guanajuato Archaeological Tour
Journey back in time to a period that is shrouded in mystery in a region rich with Pre Hispanic Mesoamerican tradition. The archaeological sites of Peralta (100 to 900 AD) and Plazuelas (600 to 900 AD) are two of the main cities which shared architects, inhabitants, religion, governments and which traded as part of a common “Bajio Tradition”.
Accompanied by an expert archaeologist guide, explore the complex history of the hunter-gatherer, fishing Chichimec tribes who inhabited this region, one which formed part of an important trading route between central Mexico and northern and western Mesoamerica.
Afterwards visit the traditional tequila factory of Tequilera Real de Pénjamo, where you will learn about the artisanal tequila making process, from the agave plantations to the ageing rooms where the ‘reposados’ and ‘añejos’ rest to perfection, and visit the workshops where the fine ceramic bottles are handmade and decorated.
Your Guanajuato Archaeological Tour includes the following:
- Bilingual staff
- Round trip transportation
- Entrance fees
- Guided tours of Peralta and Plazuelas archaeological sites
- Visit to traditional tequila factory
- Tequila tasting
- Ranch style lunch
- Tour duration: 10 hours
- Tour schedule: 09:00 AM and 2:00 PM daily (except Sundays)
- Tour departure: from selected hotels (details will accompany your reservation confirmation)
- Age restrictions: none
- Clients who are under the influence of alcohol or drugs will not be allowed to participate
Please bring the following to your Guanajuato Archaeological Tour:
- Biodegradable sunscreen/repellent
- Tennis or walking shoes
- Bottled water
- Extra $$ for tips etc…