Traditional Mexican Temazcal
Participating in an authentic “Temazcal” (sweat lodge or steam bath) you will learn about the traditions of the original Otomí people who once inhabited this region of the state of Guanajuato.
In ancient Mesoamerica the Temazcal it was used as part of a curative ceremony thought to purify the body after exertion such as after a battle or a ceremonial ball game. It was also used for healing the sick, improving health, and for women to give birth. It continues to be used today in indigenous cultures of Mexico and Central America that were part of the ancient Mesoamerican region for spiritual and health reasons.
Your Traditional Mexican Temazcal includes the following:
- Bilingual staff
- Guided, traditional “temazcal” experience
- Tour duration: 4 hours
- Tour schedule: variable, daily
- Tour departure: from Cafe Moné in the center of San Miguel de Allende (details will accompany your reservation confirmation)
- Clients who are under the influence of alcohol or drugs will not be allowed to participate
Please bring the following to your Traditional Mexican Temazcal:
- Swimsuit and towel
- Change of clothing
- Comfortable walking shoes or sports sandals
- Bottled water
- Extra $$ for tips, etc.