Huastec Region Encounter (departs from Ciudad Valles)
A delightful day trip that explores spectacular natural formations, regional history and unique architecture.
Start the day off by exploring a surrealist sculpture park created by famed and eccentric British art collector, Edward James. Set against the mountainous Huastec region this botanical garden defies any architectural label and provokes glimpses of something that moves between fantasy and reality.
Afterwards enjoy a leisurely stroll through the village of Xilitla and a visit to the former Augustinian convent which was built between 1550 and 1557 and used as a fort for the Augustinian missionaries Fray Juan de Sevilla and Fray Antonio Roa.
End the day observing thousands of birds swarming as the sun sets over the 1,570 foot deep pit cave called “Sotano de las Huahuas”.
Your Huastec Region Encounter (departs from Ciudad Valles) includes the following:
- Bilingual staff
- Round trip transportation
- All equipment required
- Entrance fees
- Tour duration: 12 hours
- Tour schedule: daily
- Tour departure: from Ciudad Valles (the departure point is 3 hours away by bus from San Luis Potosi; details will accompany your reservation confirmation)
- Age restrictions: minimum age 8 years; children between 8-10 years pay child price
- This tour is not recommended for people who cannot handle mild physical exertion
- Clients who are under the influence of alcohol or drugs will not be allowed to participate
Please bring the following to your Huastec Region Encounter (departs from Ciudad Valles):
- Biodegradable sunscreen / repellent
- Clothing & shoes apt for light hiking
- Swimsuit or clothing that can get wet
- Change of clothing
- Extra $$ for tips, etc.