River & Waterfall Canoe Adventure (departs from Ciudad Valles)
Explore the tranquil, turquoise blue waters of the Tampaon River by canoe, all the while surrounded by fern-covered walls in this, one of four canyons in the Santa Maria system. Visit the impressive Tamul waterfalls where sheets of water plunge more than 340 feet straight into the pools below.
Visit the flooded pit cave “Cueva del Agua”, a unique formation ideal for swimming and scuba diving. End this perfect day out in nature enjoying delicious regional food in the small mountain village of La Morena.
Price Adult: $53
Price Child: $37
Your River & Waterfall Canoe Adventure (departs from Ciudad Valles) includes the following:
- Bilingual staff
- Round trip transportation
- All equipment required
- Entrance fees
- Tour duration: 9 hours
- Tour schedule: daily during the months of July through March
- Tour departure: from Ciudad Valles (the departure point is 3 hours away by bus from San Luis Potosi; details will accompany your reservation confirmation)
- Age restrictions: minimum age 8 years; children between 8-10 years pay child price
- Weight restrictions: maximum weight 240 lbs (110 kgs)
- This tour is not recommended for people who cannot handle mild physical exertion
- People with back problems, heart conditions or pregnant women are not permitted to participate
- Clients who are under the influence of alcohol or drugs will not be allowed to participate
Please bring the following to your River & Waterfall Canoe Adventure (departs from Ciudad Valles)
- Biodegradable sunscreen/repellent
- Sport sandals or wet shoes
- Change of clothing
- Extra $$ for tips, etc.