Tamtoc Archaeological Site Tour (departs from Ciudad Valles)
Situated on a plain within a large bend of the Tampaón River and dominated by two great natural hills which are often at first glance mistaken for pyramids, is the Tamtoc site, the most important in the archaeological history of the Huastec region.
Explore the history of this Mesoamerican fertility cult, based largely on agriculture and dominated by women, that rose to prominence between 200 y 1300 A.D.
Afterwards enjoy a relaxing dip in the healing waters of the Taninul natural hot springs, discovered in 1808.
Your Tamtoc Archaeological Site Tour (departs from Ciudad Valles) includes the following:
- Bilingual staff
- Round trip transportation
- All equipment required
- Entrance fees
- Tour duration: 8 hours
- Tour schedule: daily
- Tour departure: from Ciudad Valles (the departure point is 3 hours away by bus from San Luis Potosi; details will accompany your reservation confirmation)
- Age restrictions: minimum age 8 years; children between 8-10 years pay child price
- This tour is not recommended for people who cannot handle mild physical exertion
- Clients who are under the influence of alcohol or drugs will not be allowed to participate
Please bring the following to your Tamtoc Archaeological Site Tour (departs from Ciudad Valles):
- Biodegradable sunscreen / repellent
- Clothing & shoes apt for light hiking
- Swimsuit or clothing that can get wet
- Change of clothing
- Extra $$ for tips, etc.