Biosphere Reserve Hiking Day
The spectacular “Sierra de la Laguna” Biosphere Reserve is one of the Baja Peninsula’s most beautiful but least explored areas. Ten million years ago this area was an island off the Baja coastline and today is home to an incredible diversity of endemic plant and animal life.
You may choose from two options:
Reaching for the Sky: hike as high up the mountain as you can and still get home before dark! Depending on the pace, the walk passes through the Baja forest caducifolia, desert scrub and up through lush reserves of oak forest and pine. Recommended for experienced walkers only.
Riverbed Stroll: This is an easy, flat walk along a lovely riverbed surrounded by magnificent flora and fauna. The length of the hike will depend on your physical condition.
Your Biosphere Reserve Hiking Day includes the following:
- Bilingual staff
- Round trip transportation
- Tour duration: 6 to 8 hours
- Tour schedule: 9:00 AM daily; November to mid-April
- Tour departure: from selected hotels (details will accompany your reservation confirmation)
- Minimum 4 persons
- Clients who are under the influence of alcohol or drugs will not be allowed to participate
Please bring the following to your Biosphere Reserve Hiking Day:
- Biodegradable sunscreen/repellent
- Closed-toe walking or hiking shoes
- Light pants or shorts
- Wide brimmed hat
- Lip balm
- Full bottle of water
- Small backpack
- Extra $$ for tips, etc.