Bird Watching in Sian Ka’an (departs from Tulum)
The Yucatan Peninsula is widely recognized as an important birding region that boasts an incredibly diverse resident bird population as well as an equally diverse migratory bird population due to its strategic location (observation of migratory birds is optimal from December through February).
To date, more than 500 species have been viewed in the Yucatan Peninsula, representing nearly 50% of all the bird species registered in the country.
Coastal and wetland areas of the Sian Ka´an Biosphere Reserve include species such as Reddish Egret, Boat-billed Heron, Green Heron, Bare-Throated Tiger Heron, Great Egret, Little Blue Heron, Tricolored Heron, Yellow-crowned Night Heron, Great Blue Heron and its white morph, Wood Stork, White Ibis, Roseate Spoonbill, Kingfisher, Black, Savanna and Turkey Vulture, Osprey, Peregrine Falcon, Magnificent Frigatebird, Brown Pelican, Anhinga, Double-crested Cormorant, Mangrove Warbler, Red-winged Blackbird, Royal Tern, and Brown Pelican amongst many others.
Join our expert, local Mayan guides and explore the diverse ecosystems of the Sian Ka´an Biosphere Reserve as you spot the many beautiful species that live and move through this region.
Your Bird Watching tour in Sian Ka’an (departs from Tulum) includes the following:
- Bilingual staff
- Round trip transportation
- Entrance fees to Sian Ka’an Biosphere Reserve
- Muyil archaeological site
- Breakfast snack
- Light refreshments
- Small groups
- Restrooms & lockers
- Tour duration: 5 hours
- Tour schedule: 6:00 AM daily (except Sundays)
- Tour departure: from selected hotels (details will accompany your reservation confirmation)
- Age restrictions: minimum age 12 years; children pay adult price
- Clients who are under the influence of alcohol or drugs will not be allowed to participate
Please bring the following to your Bird Watching tour in Sian Ka’an (departs from Tulum):
- Biodegradable sunscreen/repellent
- Cap or hat for sun protection
- Comfortable walking shoes or closed, sports sandals
- Extra $$ for tips etc…